Burnaby Village Museum Mai's Cafe Weddings
Host an intimate, old-fashioned wedding at the Mai's Cafe at the Burnaby Village Museum.
Maximum capacity for a reception is 60 guests, and 75 guests for a cocktail-style reception. A 4-hour rental is $331.68 while each additional hour is $38.16 (not including taxes, liability insurance, damage deposit, catering and other fees).
Our wedding packages present most everything you’ll need to make your day as seamless and special as possible, and includes:
- Menu tasting for two
- Space for a dance floor
- Full standard set up and take down of reception
- Service staff and bartender
- Table linens, linen napkins, cutlery and table settings (e.g. basic white china, coffee cups, water goblets)
- Serving staff
- Cake table
- Signing table
- Complimentary parking (based on availability during peak season)
- Half price for children aged 11 and under
- Please note: The Mai's Cafe is limited to only setting up, taking down and storing their own in-house décor, supplies, technology and other items.
The Grand Dinner Buffet
If you have any specific dietary requests or requirements, please let our staff know so that we may provide you with available options.
(Cost is $65 per person, plus taxes)
- Imported and domestic cheese board, served with bread and crackers
- Fresh vegetables and dip
- Choice of two gourmet salads
- Choice of one vegetarian pasta dish (e.g., penne with feta & olives or Alfredo sauce or marinara with roasted vegetables)
- Choice of two expertly prepared entrees (e.g., baron of beef with au jus, baked salmon or baked chicken breast)
- Seasoned steamed vegetables
- Herb-roasted potatoes or garlic mashed potatoes
- Wild rice pilaf or basmati rice
- Chef's selection of desserts
- Freshly brewed regular and decaffeinated coffee, and assorted teas
- Additional starters and salads available for $3/person.
- Additional sides and entrées available for $5/person.
- Bar service options also available for an additional fee:
- Host bar: We provide the liquor license, alcohol and mix with glassware, bartender and set up; a tally is kept and charged to you at the end of the night.
- Cash bar: We provide the liquor license, alcohol and mix with glassware, bartender and set up; guests are charged for their individual drinks.
NOTE: Packages and pricing are subject to change without notice. Prices are subject to change depending on market conditions. If some items are not available due to market conditions, a reasonable substitute will be provided based on the price of the product at the time of the contract.