Alan Emmott Centre Facility Details
Dating back to the early 1900s, Alan Emmott presents an impressive, open-concept floor plan, expansive windows and charming space for your intimate wedding. With a picture-perfect backdrop, this old-fashioned schoolhouse presents a truly one-of-a-kind venue and memorable photo opportunities to help you remember your special day for a lifetime to come.
Situated in South Burnaby, the Alan Emmott Centre’s upper floor offers 3,000 square feet and seating for 150 guests - as well as other important features:
- Free (though limited) parking at Alan Emmott, as well as street parking around the centre.
- Beautiful venue with expansive windows and remarkable views of the park.
- Wireless Internet.
- Complimentary use of bridal room on wedding day.
- Early arrival/loading available morning of the event, with a special drive-in loading/unloading area a few feet from the venue; the time must be pre-arranged.
- Smoking is entirely restricted at the Alan Emmott Centre, and is only permitted outside of a three-metre radius (or approximately 10 feet) of all doors and windows.
- Use of tacks, nails and tape of any kind is strictly prohibited - as are open-flame candles. (All decorations need to be free standing, and only battery-operated candles are allowed.)
- Set up and take down of Alan Emmott/in-house equipment. (Please note the event host/organizers are responsible for set up and take down of any equipment brought into the Alan Emmott Centre.)
- An 82-inch Smart TV is available for rent ($25 plus GST) for slideshows and presentations.